Friday, August 5, 2011
Is It Normal To Become Angry, Bitter And Resentful Toward People When Sales Are Down?
I sell items that range from several hundred to several thousands of dollars. Before this recession, I was very successful and lived somewhat of a lavish lifestyle on my commissions alone in addition to my annual salary. Now not only have I noticed a drop in my sales because it seems no one has any money that they are willing to spend. But also an increase in non customers/time wasters who have nothing better to do than come into the store and ask questions about a product that they either can’t afford and/or have no intention of buying. I have started to become angry, bitter and resentful toward these people for wasting my time and not putting any money in my pocket. People have told me to “let it go” and brought up that everyone is struggling and have families to support and take care of, but what people don’t seem to understand is that those of us who work in sales also have expenses and people who depend on us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment